Monday, March 28, 2011

Meet the Yéo Family (Part Trois)

The picture fun continues...but first a quick update on what's happening in my life lately. I spent 5 days last week in Ferké (a town about 45 minutes north) at the hospital helping my friend Heidi recover from an appendectomy. She's doing great now, although it'll be a month before she'll completely recover. I've also been continuing my work with Ezekiel the social worker at the dispensary and had the opportunity to actually visit some HIV patients in their homes with him last Friday. This upcoming weekend marks 2 months since moving in with my family. Our team will be reconvening in Bouaké for a week of seminars and debriefing.


Suzanne and Mikail. Suzanne is the daughter of Nontonwa and Sarah. Mikail's (biological) family lives out in a village. They are in the same level of school and spend most of their time together. And yes while the rest of us suffer the heat in our clothes, they spend nearly all of their time at home like this.



Minga. The youngest child of my host-parents. He is usually studying in Abidjan but because of the situation there, he recently came back home, for the time being at least.


Nontonwa (with Suzanne and Mikail). Nephew of Sidiki, husband of Sarah, father of Fidele, Emma, and Suzanne and papa-adoptif to the rest of the kiddos at the house.


Outside view of Sidiki's store.

Pierre. The oldest of my host parents kids, he runs the store his father started.

No comments:

Post a Comment