Monday, February 14, 2011

Petit Post

Because of computer trouble I was not able to write the type of blog I would have liked to, but I will probably not be able to get on the internet again until next Monday so I still wanted to post something.

Living with an Ivorian family so far has been an absolute rollercoaster ride, sometimes the moments are absolutely amazing and sometimes they are much more difficult. I am still learning French and Tyembara, but without a doubt the number one subject I am learning about here is humility.

3 of the 6 Journeyers here in Korhogo were sick this past weekend, including myself. Being sick is something that is to be expected, living in such a new environment. And yet, just because I knew it was coming didn't really make it any easier. We all feel much better now, but continued prayers for health for all of us here are very appreciated.

I had planned to post a few pictures I've taken, but because of the technology troubles, I have only this one for now:

This is (from the left) Emmanuel (12), Amos (10), and Suzanne (6), three of the kids that live at my house here. We had the opportunity to play with the camera on my computer yesterday (which they absolutely loved). Emmanuel is my bike-riding buddy and helps me figure out how to say things in French or will translate my French into Tyembara for the adults. Amos is too shy to do much more than smile at me at this point. Suzanne still giggles constantly around me.

I will be spending the next few days at the Women's Conference for our denomination; the way women are involved in the church here is very different, so it should be enlightening!

No comments:

Post a Comment