Monday, February 21, 2011

Le Barrage

Due to my continuing technology situation, for the next few weeks it's going to be hard to update as much as I'd like. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have a post up about the Womens Conference I went to last week. But to satiate those of you who are curious about my life, here are a couple pictures.


The pathway on the left and the water in the background is what everyone here calls le barrage (the dam). I walk or ride my bike on this pathway nearly everyday. My house is just around the corner and Koko church is just on the other side of the barrage.



The green jardins provided by the barrage are such an amazing respite from the penetrating poucière (dust) that covers everything in the dry season. That's Mount Korhogo in the background. Definitely not as big as mountains in the states, but it's the tallest thing around this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment