Monday, September 13, 2010

To-do lists, surrender, and a yard sale

This is the 6th day that I've known that I have a plane ticket to Cote d'Ivoire this October. These last few days have been interesting and there has been a lot of rearranging. Early last week, I was finally getting used to the idea of staying in the U.S. until next March. I was taking a french class at Shippensburg University, starting to look for jobs, and researching different volunteer opportunities in Chambersburg. I am now in full time support raising mode. I dropped the french course (and thank the Lord, got a full refund!) and have started making seemingly endless to-do lists.

These days have also been ones of surrender. Staying here until March hadn't been my first choice but I had had a plan, I knew what the next 6 months were going to look like and I liked that feeling. Now I'm uncertain: I could be leaving this October or next March. I am back to being in a place where the only thing I can do is trust in Him, because I have no way of knowing what my life will look like in the next few weeks, this Christmas, or next year.
He is teaching me to rest in Him and not in my plans. It is hard, but He is so good.

Like I said, support raising has been kicked into high gear. Right now I am organizing a Fundraising Yard Sale for September 24th and 25th. I'm asking for donations of pretty much anything that can be (re)sold. I'm hoping a lot of people will donate, the bigger this yard sale, the better!!

I'm also revisiting my original list of potential supporters, trying to think of churches and organizations I haven't thought of before. It would be amazing if most of my next few sundays were filled with visiting churches to talk about my future ministry.
If you know any person, organization, or church that might be interested in supporting what I'm trying to do, please, direct them to my blog, send me their info, or send them mine. I would really appreciate it!!

Like I said in my last post, I have exactly $5020 left to raise. This can feel like a LOT of money, but on Sunday my mom talked to a friend at church who once raised $40,000 in five weeks when he was a missionary!!!



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Cait! I can't wait to read your post about the yard sale and everything that's coming next in your life.

    ReplyDelete