Thursday, September 9, 2010

October Departure!! (and the support raising continues)

I really do not know where to begin. I haven't been able to update here because I haven't known what to say. I still don't know how to succinctly describe these last two weeks. They have been stressful, some days I have been making plans about staying here until next March because it didn't look like I was going to make the support raising deadline. Other days, I would hear new information from JourneyCorps and wonder if I could actually leave this October. What I am learning is that God is in control (a truth that's easy to say, much harder to live by).

Some of you probably saw that last week that if I had raised 90% by this past Tuesday then I would be able to leave in October (otherwise I would continue support raising until next March). Yesterday I got an email from JourneyCorps saying that while I currently do not have 90% they still bought a ticket for me to leave late October. As in next month, NOT next March.

I have until I leave to raise 100% of my funds. Thats about
6 weeks to raise $5,020.

In the last month or so, I have had a lot of new deadlines, and they have been a bit confusing. However, this is not just another deadline. There is a plane ticket with my name on it and it's for next month. It still hasn't truly sunk in that next month I will be leaving for Africa, right now all I can think about is support raising and practicing french and loan deferment and packing and planning and my eternal to-do list. I would definitely appreciate any prayers for God's peace and guidance. I am in desperate need of them.

These next 6 weeks will be interesting, keep a look out because I will be updating about my support raising adventures, the newest one being an upcoming yard sale!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Cait, Thats so awesome. I will keep praying for you and the rest of your funds to come in!

    ReplyDelete