Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quick Update: Mom and Paul's Visit

The past week and a half I have not gotten on the internet, due to the wonderful fact that my mom and my step-dad came to visit. They arrived last Wednesday and since then we have been busy driving around Côte d'Ivoire, visiting Ivorians, going to the market, and I have been busy playing tour guide, introducing them to the people I've come to love so much, and translating a ton.

Mom and Paul just left a couple hours ago for Bouaké where they'll stay for the night, then early tomorrow morning they'll head to Abidjan and catch their flight for Greece tomorrow night (my sister Emily is studying abroad there). I am very thankful that my mom said I did not have to accompany them back down to Abidjan, because I only have 10 days left in Korhogo and I want to soak up every one of them!!!
I'm sure later after I've had time to process I'll have a lot more to say about their time here, but for now, here are a few of pictures of their time here.

Me, Mom, Paul, and Martine, at a wedding.



Mom and I on top of Mt. Korhogo



Paul and Mom making an american meal in an Ivorian kitchen. My host family definitely appreciated it!!



The whole family



Sporting some of the gifts from my host family who were incredibly generous throughout my parents entire stay.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun visit! I loved the pictures. Can't wait to see you Cait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing these pics Cait!! Thanks for putting them up. I was anxious to know how things went :)

    ReplyDelete