Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Snapshots of Life (including Burkina, Bobo, Bafona, and Braids!)

The gang (minus Angelika) when we first arrived at Nazinga in Burkina Faso!!



Elephants definitely didn't mind grazing near us.


Holly getting a close up view of the elephants; they walked by just after we finished lunch!



Exploring in the Burkina wilderness just outside of Bobo




Looking out over Burkina from the top of Banfora Waterfall




Naomi checking out the falls




I have dubbed these rocketship trees, don't they look like they're about ready to take off?



Its the beginning of rainy season. A good time to figure out there's a golfball sized hole in the wall !! My sisters are cleaning up after a pretty rainstorm, there was about 2 inches of water in our little house!


Finally getting my hair 'tressé' thanks to Sara



It took about 15 minutes short of 2 hours. Didn't hurt too bad, but did feel like I'd just gotten a face lift!



The final look! Visiting Steph and hanging out with her younger host brother.




Getting it taken out was a group effort!


Afterward I had a bit of a Bozo the clown look, not helped by the fact that I dyed my hair with henna a bit ago!




No comments:

Post a Comment