Saturday, July 17, 2010

Le dèbut!!!!

Hard to believe that just under 2 months ago I graduated from Arcadia University and now I’m preparing for at least a year of ministry in West Africa.

For those of you who don’t know, I’m planning on doing mission work for at least one year (maybe two) in Côte D’Ivoire with a ministry called JourneyCorps (part of the organization WorldVenture). JourneyCorps is for 20-32 year olds, to live in community together and come alongside the local church and missionaries in Côte D’Ivoire to help meet the many needs of Ivorians. There will be many different ways for me to get involved, at the moment I’m most excited about opportunities in Women’s Ministry and Justice and Compassion Ministry. To check out more about JourneyCorps go here: http://myjourneycorps.com/

Obviously, I’ll need a lot of support during all of this. When I’m there, I’ll be updating this blog and I hope you’ll check it out to keep in touch and also pray for me and the people I meet. For now, while I’m preparing to go, I still need prayers and if you feel led, some financial support. So, far I’ve raised a little over 27% of the $21,500 I need by August 1st (if I want to leave with the September group of journey-ers).

To give go to
https://worldventure.com/Give/Make-A-Commitment.html to make a monthly commitment or to https://worldventure.com/Give/Give-Now.html to make a one time donation. In either case, pick ‘Lacy, CJ’ in the missionary drop down menu.

Thanks so much and keep the look out for more, this is just a brief explanation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment